Caring for your wood bowl is a simple thing.
1. All Ed Brogan Wood Bowls are suitable for food use, and will provide years of service with only minimal care.
2. After use, hand wash with mild soap and rinse with clear water. Hand dry after washing.
2. To keep your wooden bowl looking new and performing well, I recommend Brogan's Pure and Simple Beeswax Blend wood butter, available on this website. Apply Beeswax Blend when your bowl appears dry or no longer repels water. Full directions are on the package, but it is as simple as wiping on, waiting a few minutes, and wiping off. Food safe and edible (although I don't recommend eating it unless you're constipated ;-). Hand made here in DeForest WI.
4. Don't soak it in water.
5. Don't put it in the dishwasher.
6. Don't use it on the stove top or in the oven.
7. Do not microwave.
8. Don't put it in the wood stove.
9. Wood will develop a natural patina over time. Exposure to the sun will speed up this natural process. In general, don't display the bowl for extended periods in direct sunlight.